Daniel Balson is Advocacy Director for Europe and Central Asia for Amnesty International USA. Daniel works with U.S. government representatives in Congress and the Executive Branch to ensure that human rights are prioritized and protected. Before coming to AIUSA, Daniel worked at Accion International to protect microfinance clients entering the formal financial sector across Eurasia. Prior to that Daniel worked at the National Democratic Institution supporting civil society and governance development across Central Asia. Before that, he worked with Springhill Consulting Group.
Daniel received his Master’s in International Relations from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies and his Bachelor’s from Cornell.
- Congressional Memo | 25 years after Bosnia’s war, rape survivors still struggle for justice. Congress can help!
- Letter | End Impunity for Hatred and Violence in Ukraine: Amnesty International USA Letter to Interior Minister Avakov
- Letter | Amnesty International USA urges Secretary Pompeo to publically raise human rights in Hungary
- Statement | About Us Our Work News & Stories Tools & Reports Governance Search Take Action Donate AMNESTY International Calls on the State Department to Defend Civil Society in Hungary
- Statement | About Us Our Work News & Stories Tools & Reports Governance Search Take Action Donate Amnesty Statement to HFAC: EU Governments are Complicit in Refugee Suffering