Viktar Paulau has been at imminent risk of execution after the Supreme Court of Belarus upheld his conviction and death sentence on November 12, 2019. His sister was denied permission to visit him on June 10, 2021 and when his lawyer enquired about his whereabouts, he was told that his client was no longer in the detention centre. The family fears that he may have been executed. Amnesty International opposes the death penalty in all cases, without exception, as the ultimate cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment.TAKE ACTION:
- Please take action as-soon-as possible. This Urgent Action expires on August 12, 2021.
- Write a letter in your own words or using the sample below as a guide to one or both government officials listed. You can also email, fax, call or Tweet them.
- Click here to let us know the actions you took on Urgent Action 168.19. It’s important to report because we share the total number with the officials we are trying to persuade and the people we are trying to help.
- Immediately halt the execution of Viktar Paulau and all those on death row in Belarus;
- Immediately establish an official moratorium on executions with a view to abolishing the death penalty;
- Commute all death sentences to terms of imprisonment.