On 19 January a television reporter published videos from surveillance cameras that suggest that police from Chilpancingo, Guerrero state, were involved in six of seven cases of disappearances that occurred in late December and early January. Days after, the reporter received threats on Twitter.
1) TAKE ACTION
Write a letter, send an email, call, fax or tweet:
- Calling on the Federal Attorney General’s Office to urgently investigate the threats against Marco Antonio Coronel, make the results public and bring those responsible to justice;
- Urging the Federal Attorney General’s Office to establish the whereabouts of the missing young men and investigate the torture suffered by three others, given the evident collusion of local authorities with organized crime;
- Calling on the State Attorney to cooperate in the investigations into the enforced disappearances, torture and killings;
- Calling on the Mayor to ensure proper vetting of municipal police in order to eliminate collusion with criminal networks.
Contact these two officials by 22 March, 2018:
Guerrero State Attorney
Javier Ignacio Olea Peláez
Boulevard René Juárez Cisneros S/N
Colonia El Potrerito, C. P. 39090
Chilpancingo de los Bravo, Guerrero México
Email: [email protected]
Salutation: Dear State Attorney/ Estimado Fiscal del Estado
Ambassador Geronimo Gutierrez Fernandez,
Embassy of Mexico
1911 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC 20006
Phone: 1 202 728 1600 I Fax: 202 728 1698
Email: [email protected]b.mx
Salutation: Dear Ambassador
2) LET US KNOW YOU TOOK ACTION
Click here to let us know if you took action on this case! This is Urgent Action 12.18
Here’s why it is so important to report your actions: we record the actions taken on each case—letters, emails, calls and tweets—and use that information in our advocacy.