Mansur Mingelov, sentenced to 22 years imprisonment in an unfair trial in retaliation for complaints about torture in police detention, is critically ill with tuberculosis contracted in prison. He must be immediately and unconditionally released.
1) TAKE ACTION
Write a letter, send an email, call, fax or tweet:
- Calling on them to release Mansur Mingelov immediately and unconditionally as he has been detained solely for his peaceful human rights work;
- Urging the authorities, pending his release, to ensure he has access to the medical care he requires, if necessary in a medical facility outside prison;
- Urging the authorities to initiate a prompt, impartial and effective investigation into all allegations of torture and other ill-treatment reported by Mansur Mingelov, identify the perpetrators and bring them to justice in fair trials;
- Calling on the authorities to ensure that Mansur Mingelov is safe and free from reprisals.
Contact these two officials by 23 August, 2018:
Ul. 2005 (Seidi) 4
744000 Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Salutation: Dear Prosecutor General
Ambassador Meret Bairamovich Orazov,
Embassy of Turkmenistan
2207 Massachusetts Ave. NW,
Washington, DC 20008
Phone: 1 202 588 1500 I Fax: 1 202 588 0697
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact Form: https://usa.tmembassy.gov.tm/en/contacts
Salutation: Dear Ambassador
2) LET US KNOW YOU TOOK ACTION
Click here to let us know if you took action on this case! This is Urgent Action 97.14
Here’s why it is so important to report your actions: we record the actions taken on each case—letters, emails, calls and tweets—and use that information in our advocacy.