This action is no longer active. Please check with the Amnesty office in your country if you wish to send appeals after the deadline.
U.S. activists can contact [email protected] with any questions.South Dakotan Native American activist Leonard Peltier has been imprisoned in the USA for over 40 years despite concerns over the fairness of his trial. Currently held at the Coleman Federal Correctional Complex in Florida, the threat of COVID-19 underscores the urgency of this call. Peltier is 75 years old and has serious health concerns. He suffers from diabetes and other health issues, and in January 2016 was diagnosed with an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which can be fatal if it ruptures. TAKE ACTION:
- Write a letter in your own words or using the sample below as a guide to the government official listed below. You can also email, fax, call or Tweet them.
- Click here to let us know the actions you took on Urgent Action 16.19. It’s important to report because we share the total number with the officials we are trying to persuade and the people we are trying to help.
- READ THE FULL URGENT ACTION: Word or PDF
- GET INSPIRED: Read about the people you have helped
- READ TIPS for writing effective letters and emails
- CONTACT US: [email protected]