Tibetan monk Rinchen Tsultrim was sentenced to four years and six months in prison in March 2020 without a fair trial. His family members only learned of the sentencing a year later when they were officially informed he was being held in an unnamed prison in Chengdu, Sichuan Province. No other information about his condition or even the charges against Tsultrim Rinchen have been shared to date. His family believes he has been imprisoned for expressing political views on his WeChat account and personal website. Without access to family and legal representation, there are grave concerns for Rinchen Tsultrim’s condition and wellbeing.TAKE ACTION:
- Please take action as-soon-as possible. This Urgent Action expires on August 25, 2021.
- Write a letter in your own words or using the sample below as a guide to one or both government officials listed. You can also email, fax, call or Tweet them.
- Click here to let us know the actions you took on Urgent Action 72.21. It’s important to report because we share the total number with the officials we are trying to persuade and the people we are trying to help.
- Release Rinchen Tsultrim unless there is sufficient, credible and admissible evidence that he committed an internationally recognized offence and is granted a fair trial in line with international standards;
- Pending his release, disclose Rinchen Tsultrim’s whereabouts and ensure that he has regular, unrestricted access to his family and lawyers of his choice and is not subjected further to torture or other ill-treatment.