Belarusian human rights defender Nasta (Anastasia) Loika remains arbitrarily detained serving her fourth 15-day jail sentence since September. The authorities continue targeting Nasta Loika with fabricated charges in retaliation for her human rights work. There are serious concerns for her safety and wellbeing following reports that she has been subjected to torture or other ill-treatment. She must be immediately released.TAKE ACTION:
- Please take action as-soon-as possible. This Urgent Action expires on January 10, 2023.
- Write a letter in your own words or using the sample below as a guide to one or both government officials listed. You can also email, fax, call or Tweet them.
- Click here to let us know the actions you took on Urgent Action 97.22. It’s important to report because we share the total number with the officials we are trying to persuade and the people we are trying to help.
- Ensure Nasta Loika’s immediate release, and end the misuse of the criminal justice system to target human rights defenders;
- Ensure that Nasta Loika is not tortured or otherwise illtreated, and that she is treated in accordance with international human rights laws and standards.