Lobby from home on May 18!
On May 18, AIUSA activists across the U.S. will meet virtually with their Members of Congress and ask them to fund community-led solutions to end gun violence and pass an Afghan Adjustment Act that would provide a roadmap to permanent status for Afghans currently in the US. After registering we’ll provide you with the information you need to know to participate in the day. If you have registered but have not received any emails from us yet, check your spam filter.
Pre-Lobby Day Checklist
Virtual Lobby Day Issue Briefing
Learn everything you need to know about the Afghan Adjustment Act and the Break the Cycle of Violence Act from experts at AIUSA.
May 16, 2022 08:30 PM in Eastern Time
Virtual Lobbying 101 Training & Role Play
Learn everything you need to know about lobbying elected officials and practice your lobby meeting with your state’s delegation.
May 17, 2022 08:30 PM in Eastern Time
Pass an Afghan Adjustment Act
- Watch the Afghan Adjustment Act Issue Briefing
- Read the Afghan Adjustment Act Leave Behind: what you’ll be providing to Congressional staff.
- Read the Afghan Adjustment Act backgrounder. This document should NOT be shared with Congressional offices.
Ask Congress to fund community-led initiatives to end gun violence
- Watch the Break the Cycle of Violence Act Issue Briefing (watch time, 5 minutes).
- Read the Break the Cycle of Violence Act Leave Behind: what you’ll be providing to Congressional staff.
- Read the Break the Cycle of Violence Act in-depth backgrounder: get more information on the issue including further details on the issue. This document should NOT be shared with Congressional offices.
Immediately after the lobby training on May 17, we will break into small groups so that you can practice your meetings with your AIUSA State Delegation. Use these two documents to help you run your practice sessions:
Help us evaluate this event by completing our Pre-Event, Post-Event, and 3-Month Surveys. Our surveys allow us to assess our impact and improve the effectiveness of our activities. The Lobby Day (Pre-Event) Survey will help us capture your goals and interests—so that we can meet your expectations and create a meaningful experience for you. You will have received the Pre-Event Survey through your email account (the same email address that was used during your registration process).
After you lobby with us
With permission, screenshot your meeting and tweet about your visit using and tagging @amnestyusa.
Email us with any questions at [email protected]