Youth Webinar for ICM Resolutions
June 21, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
The International Council Meeting (ICM) will be held on August 10-15, 2017. This is where the movement’s global policies, priorities, and governance structures will be decided, and it is so important that young people are centering and carrying the movement forward at the ICM.
AIUSA Youth Delegate, Benya Kraus, will be holding a conversation for youth members to learn about the proposals being brought forward at this year’s ICM and to provide their feedback on how AIUSA should vote at the ICM.
Join us on Wednesday, June 21 at 8 PM EST for a webinar to discuss the development of the following policy resolutions and governance models:
HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY:
– Addressing the human rights violations stemming from climate change
– Revisiting AI’s position on abortion
– Addressing the role of banks and arms trade in human rights violations
– Developing a policy on whistle-blowers
– Voting Rights at the ICM: How can we enhance fairness and equality in the way country sections are represented in the Global Movement?
– Reforming the ICM to the “Global Assembly”: What will member representation look like under this new model?