Amnesty International USA Teleconference Briefing on the Impact of COVID-19 on Human Rights Around the World: Special Updates on COVID-19 in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America
April 29 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Pre-register by clicking on registration link.
While the U.S. has been the most recent epicenter of the raging corona virus, every part of the world has been turned upside down by the pandemic. From nationwide lockdowns lasting over a month, to mandatory temperature checks in order to leave one’s home, to facial recognition that can discern people wearing face masks, to excessive use of force by law enforcement and security forces, to the dangerous plight of prisoners and detainees forced to live in overcrowded conditions – these are just some of the human rights challenges in the age of COVID-19 – all of which have serious impacts on human rights.
• What actions are nations taking to prevent the spread of the corona virus?
• How are States of Emergency affecting human rights around the world?
• Are there any nations that are curbing the spread of the corona virus without sacrificing human rights?
• Is it possible to reopen society and the economy without violating the right to privacy and other human rights?
• What actions must the U.S. and international community take to address the human rights impact of the coronavirus pandemic?
Link to the briefing invite: https://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/government-relations/advocacy/amnesty-international-usa-teleconference-briefing-on-the-impact-of-covid-19-on-human-rights-around-the-world-april-29-1-pm-est/