Help fight the Muslim and Refugee Bans with our resources and actions below.
In January, President Trump has issued multiple executive orders trying to ban people from several Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States and block refugees from rebuilding their lives in the country.
Now the Supreme Court has allowed President Trump to partially put the Muslim and refugee ban back into effect until it decides on the ultimate fate of the executive order. It’s more important now than ever to get loud and stand against this discriminatory policy.
The intent of these policies is clear: To ban people based on who they are, not what they’ve done. It’s discriminatory and dangerous.
Amnesty International has documented the impact of the ban on people across the world and we’ve mobilized thousands of people to call their members of Congress and ask them to stop this ban.
- Call your Senators: Ask them to stand up to the ban. Dial 1-855-923-6687 and demand your representative publicly denounces it.
- Share with your networks: Post this “Missing Senators” image on your Facebook page with #NoBanNoWall. The more people who search for these missing Senators, the more chance we have of hearing from them.
- Hang a poster: Print our “Missing Senator” poster, personalize it, and display in your local area.
- Plan or attend a rally: Make your voice heard. Find an event, read out guide for planning an event, and get protest materials.
- Amicus Curiae Brief of International Law Scholars and Nongovernmental Organizations in Support of Respondents
- Amnesty International feature on families impacted by the Muslim Ban
- Video of families impacted by the Muslim Ban
- Following Hawaii Ruling, Trump Must Abandon Muslim Ban (March 29, 2017)
- USA: New airline restrictions could be yet more bigotry disguised as policy
Congress must end legal battle over Muslim Ban (March 17, 2017)
- Court ruling shows new refugee order more of the same hateful bigotry (March 10, 2017)
- Amnesty International Mobilizes Members for National Week of Resistance Against Muslim Ban (May 8, 2017)
- Amnesty International launches day of action to repeal trump’s Muslim Ban on March 7 (March 7, 2017)
- Congress must reject Trump’s insistence on writing bigotry into policy (February 28, 2017)
- Amnesty International response to DHS report on Trump Travel Ban (February 24, 2017)
- Court ruling welcome but only Congress can permanently repeal Muslim Ban (February 9, 2017)
- Amnesty reacts to poll showing majority of Americans disapprove of Muslim Ban (February 7, 2017)
- Trump’s defense of Muslim Ban is out of step with Americans (February 6, 2017)
- Amnesty International USA, Coalition Partners launch campaign to fight the assault on Immigrant, Refugee Rights (February 6, 2017)
- Majority of Americans oppose Trump’s Muslim Ban as its impact becomes clearer (February 6, 2017)
- Trump’s Muslim Ban is indefensible (February 5, 2017)
- DHS ceasing enforcement of Muslim Ban not enough, Congress must repeal (February 4, 2017)
- Muslim Ban appeal shows Trump is out of step (February 4, 2017)
- Backlash to trump’s Muslim Ban grows, with protests across country set for today (February 3, 2017)
- Federal Muslim Ban ruling short-term relief (February 2, 2017)
- During bodega protests today on Muslim Ban, Amnesty International will drive calls to Senate from Across U.S. (February 2, 2017)
- Executive Action on refugees is cruel and inhumane. (January 27, 2017)
- We will fight trump’s effort to close U.S. borders. (January 25, 2017)
- AIUSA letter to the Department of Homeland Security about the intelligence assessment of the Muslim Ban