Amnesty International is committed to the IDEA principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility.
Amnesty International is Building A BIGGER, BOLDER AND MORE INCLUSIVE MOVEMENT
- Inclusion: We support an inclusive culture where everyone belongs in the movement for human rights and feels they can be fully involved with the identities they choose to share.
- Diversity: We work to diversify Member Leadership & develop our staff and members.
- Equity: We work towards reducing inequalities and barriers that result from discrimination based on identity dimensions.
- Accessibility: We will listen, understand, dismantle barriers and ensure equitable access to meet the needs of all who wish to support our movement.
As we host hybrid conferences, we will continue to integrate IDEA centered events throughout the conference. We are committed to growth and will follow through on opportunities to hold ourselves accountable because we are committed to an inclusive space for everyone.
We want everyone to be able to fully experience this conference. If you are in need of a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us prior to the conference. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on the topic of IDEA at the AGM’24, we can be reached at [email protected].
IDEA: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
Find out more information about Amnesty International USA’s work on IDEA principles.
All sessions will utilize a closed captioning feature.
All registered attendees will receive a Welcome Packet which contains detailed instructions on accessing Whova and navigating the platform.
For some helpful Zoom tips, check out this Getting Started Guide.
The work we are doing to create the world we need takes a toll on our minds, bodies, and spirits. We know Zoom fatigue is real. We recognize that people have different energy levels. We encourage attendees to create boundaries, manage their expectations, take long breaks, unplug, and re-energize to connect.
Check out our tips below on how to take care of yourself and stay energized throughout our conference weekend.
- Find your comfort and embrace it
- Stay hydrated
- Take deep breaths
- Stretch when possible
- Be kind to your eyes. Review your display and brightness settings.
- If viewing for long periods, place the monitor directly in front of you, at arm’s length away.
- Catch some sun and fresh air
- Dance to one of your favorite playlists
- Relax with an audiobook or podcast
- Nourish yourself with your favorite foods. Reach for high-protein snacks
- Maintain off-line social connections with friends and kin
- Unplug from social media when you need it
- Prioritize sleep
- Step away for quiet time if you need it
- Don’t feel responsible for participating in every single session
- Take frequent breaks
- Stay hydrated