Vietnam: Release Prisoner of Conscience Bùi Thị Minh Hằng (UA 28/16)
Vietnamese human rights defender Bùi Thị Minh Hằng is being denied medical treatment for various health problems, despite repeated requests.
Vietnamese human rights defender Bùi Thị Minh Hằng is being denied medical treatment for various health problems, despite repeated requests. She is serving a three-year sentence on fabricated charges of “causing public disorder”.
1) Please write immediately in English, Vietnamese or your own language:
- Demanding the authorities release Bùi Thị Minh Hằng immediately and unconditionally, as she is a prisoner of conscience detained solely for her peaceful activities defending human rights;
- Urge the authorities that while still detained, she should be immediately provided with appropriate medical care, and treated in accordance with the UN Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Offenders, including access to family and doctors.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!