Following seven months of prolonged solitary confinement, Ali Aarrass’ health condition has critically deteriorated. He is currently serving a 12-year prison sentence in Tifelt II Local Prison.
1) TAKE ACTION
Write a letter, send an email, call, fax or tweet:
- Ensure Ali Aarrass has immediate access to a qualified health professional that can provide health care in compliance with medical ethics, including the principles of confidentiality, autonomy, and informed consent;
- Ensure his detention conditions are in line with international law and the Mandela Rules, including access to primary needs, adequate food and bedding;
- Immediately end Ali Aarrass’ solitary confinement and ensure he is held in humane conditions, including by implementing the CAT’s decision;
- Implement the WGAD’s decision calling for the immediate release of Ali Aarrass’ and award him adequate compensation.
Contact these two officials by 11 July, 2017:
Director of General Administration for Prison Administration and Reinsertion
Mohamed Saleh Tamek
Angle Avenue Arar et rue El-Jouz
Hay El Riyad, Rabat, Morocco
Fax: + 212 5 37 71 26 19
Salutation: Dear Sir
Ambassador Rachad Bouhlal
Embassy of the Kingdom of Morocco
1601 21st St. NW, Washington DC 20009
Fax: 202 462 7643
Phone: 202 462 7979
Salutation: Dear Ambassador
2) LET US KNOW YOU TOOK ACTION
Click here to let us know if you took action on this case! This is Urgent Action 219.15
Here’s why it is so important to report your actions: we record the actions taken on each case—letters, emails, calls and tweets—and use that information in our advocacy.