Ukraine: Investigate the Murder of Yuri Grabovski and Ensure Oksana Sokolovskaya’s Safety (UA 67/16)March 22, 2016
The body of missing Ukrainian lawyer, Yuri Grabovski, was discovered on 25 March in a shallow grave in woods, about 100 km outside of Kyiv.
The body of missing Ukrainian lawyer, Yuri Grabovski, was discovered on 25 March in a shallow grave in woods, about 100 km outside of Kyiv. The authorities must guarantee the safety of his colleague, Oksana Sokolovskaya, and the new lawyer who has replaced Yuri Grabovski, and ensure that they can defend their clients without any hindrance.
1) Please write immediately in Ukrainian, Russian or your own language:
- Calling on the authorities to ensure that the murder of Yuri Grabovski is promptly, effectively and impartially investigated, including identifying the author of the video presented on 29 March, and that those responsible are brought to justice in a trial which accords with international fair trial standards;
- Urging them to ensure that Oksana Sokolovskaya can safely and independently carry out her legitimate work as a lawyer without obstruction or harassment;
- Calling on them to guarantee the safety of Valentyn Rybin, the new lawyer of Aleksandr Aleksandrov, and ensure that he has full access to previous case materials and is able to defend his client safely and effectively, in accordance with the UN Basic Principles on the Role of Lawyers.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!