Somalia: Transfer Saado Jaamac Aadan’s Case to a Civilian Court (UA 65/16)March 29, 2016
Mrs Saado Jaamac Aadan, a civilian, was arrested by police in Somaliland and has been charged in a closed military court. She has not been allowed access to a lawyer nor granted bail.
Mrs Saado Jaamac Aadan, a civilian, was arrested by police in Somaliland and has been charged in a closed military court. She has not been allowed access to a lawyer nor granted bail. She is currently detained in Hargeisa.
1) Please write immediately in English, Somali or your own language:
- Calling on the Somaliland authorities to immediately transfer Mrs Saado Jaamac Aadan’s case to a civilian court, and try her in line with international standards for fair trial;
- Urging them to allow Mrs Saado Jaamac Aadan immediate and regular access to her family and a lawyer of her choice;
- Urging them to ensure that she is not tortured or otherwise ill-treated.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with "UA 65/16" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.