April 26, 2016
Iran: Reveal Yousef Silavi’s Whereabouts (UA 97/16)
The Iranian authorities have yet to establish the fate and whereabouts of Yousef Silavi, from Iran’s Ahwazi Arab minority, who has been missing since November 2009.
The Iranian authorities have yet to establish the fate and whereabouts of Yousef Silavi, from Iran’s Ahwazi Arab minority, who has been missing since November 2009. He may be subjected to enforced disappearance and is at risk of torture and other ill-treatment, as well as extrajudicial execution.
1) Please write immediately in English, Persian, Arabic, French, Spanish or your own language:
- Calling on the Iranian authorities to take steps to establish Yousef Silavi’s whereabouts and fate;
- Urging them, if he is in custody, to released him unless he is promptly charged with a recognizable criminal offence, given immediate access to his family, lawyer and doctor, and tried in proceedings that adhere to international standards for fair trial;
- Urging them to ratify promptly and without reservation the Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearances and its Optional Protocols.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with "UA 97/16" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.