Indonesia: Protect Members of the Ahmadiyya Religious Minority (UA 32/16)February 11, 2016
At least 12 members of the Ahmadiyya religious minority have been forced to leave their homes in Bangka Island on 5 February.
At least 12 members of the Ahmadiyya religious minority have been forced to leave their homes in Bangka Island on 5 February. Nine others are facing ongoing intimidation.
1) Please write immediately in Indonesian or your own language:
- Urging the authorities to ensure the safety of the 12 Ahmadiyya members in Srimenanti village;
- Urging them to ensure that the affected Ahmadiyya community has access to complete information and engage in genuine consultation on their relocation; and the guarantee the safe, voluntary and dignified return of the Ahmadiyya community to their homes or other place of choice;
- Urging them to investigate reports that the local authorities are coercing Ahmadiyya followers to renounce their faith or face a forced eviction.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
URGENT: Children seeking asylum in the U.S. are being denied their human rights based on their nationality — help ensure that all girls and boys fleeing violence can seek safety.
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT
Fight injustice and help create a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.