Indonesia: Halt Executions (UA 110/16)May 10, 2016
Three death row prisoners were moved on 8 May to Indonesia’s Nusakambangan prison island, where 13 executions were carried out in 2015.
Three death row prisoners were moved on 8 May to Indonesia’s Nusakambangan prison island, where 13 executions were carried out in 2015. On 10 May, the Attorney General confirmed to the media that another round of executions will be carried out soon.
1) Please write immediately in English, Bahasa Indonesia or your own language:
- Calling on the authorities to immediately halt plans to carry out any executions;
- Urging them to establish a moratorium on all executions with a view to abolishing the death penalty and to commute all death sentences to terms of imprisonment;
- Reminding them that drug-related offences do not meet the threshold of the “most serious crimes” to which the use of the death penalty must be restricted under international law and that international safeguards guaranteeing protection of the rights of those facing the death penalty must be strictly observed in all capital cases.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!