India: Ensure Safety of Human Rights Defenders (UA 42/16)February 25, 2016
Activists, lawyers and journalists in Bastar, Chhattisgarh, have been facing increased attacks, harassment and threats.
Activists, lawyers and journalists in Bastar, Chhattisgarh, have been facing increased attacks, harassment and threats. It is believed this is intended to deter them from carrying out their work, and has led to some leaving the region in fear for their safety.
1) Please write immediately in English or your own language:
- Calling on the authorities to ensure that activists, journalists and lawyers in Chhattisgarh are able to carry out their professional duties without intimidation, hindrance, harassment or improper interference;
- Urging them to hold those responsible for committing any such violations accountable for their actions.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with "UA 42/16" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.