Greece/Members of the European Council: Protect Asylum-Seekers (UA 48/16)March 4, 2016
Thousands remain stranded in Greece in dreadful conditions, both in official and makeshift informal camps.
Thousands remain stranded in Greece in dreadful conditions, both in official and makeshift informal camps. The humanitarian crisis will deteriorate unless reception conditions improve and EU Member States urgently accept refugees from Greece.
1) Please write immediately in English or your own language:
- Calling on the President of the European Council and members of the European Council to use all available means to urgently accept asylum-seekers from Greece including relocating a significantly larger number of people without applying restrictive selection criteria, easing family reunification and allowing asylum-seekers to obtain visas from member states’ representations in Greece for onward legal travel;
- Urging them to open up more safe and legal routes for people in need of international protection;
- Calling on the Greek authorities to urgently and significantly enhance reception conditions ensuring refugees and asylum seekers have access to beds, food, clean water, sanitation, medical treatment and personal safety and that adequte information on asylum procedures, EU relocation and family reunification programmes, is provided.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with “UA 48/16” in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.