An elderly couple in China’s Henan province have been arrested as a result of their beliefs.
An elderly couple in China’s Henan province have been arrested as a result of their beliefs. They are facing criminal charges and are at risk of torture and other forms of ill-treatment while in detention.
1) Please write immediately in Chinese, English or your own language:
- Demanding that the authorities immediately and unconditionally release Yao Guofu and Liang Xin, as they have been imprisoned solely for exercising their right to freedom of belief and expression;
- Urging them to ensure that Yao Guofu and Liang Xin are not tortured or otherwise ill-treated, that they are immediately provided with any medical treatment they require, and that the conditions of their detention adhere to international law and standards;
- Calling on them to ensure Yao Guofu and Liang Xin have regular access to their family, and lawyers.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!