Chad: Quash Sentence Against Four Activists (UA 68/16)March 24, 2016
Four Chadian activists arrested and charged for planning to organise peaceful public demonstrations have received a four month suspended prison sentence.
Four Chadian activists arrested and charged for planning to organise peaceful public demonstrations have received a four month suspended prison sentence. The High Court of N’Djamena, Chad has also prohibited them from ‘engaging in subversive activities’.
1) Please write immediately in French or your own language:
- Calling on Chadian authorities to immediately quash the sentence against Mahamat Nour Ibedou, Younous Mahadjir, Nadjo Kaina Palmer and Celine Narmadji;
- Urging them to end harassment against human rights activists and defenders and political activists for the peaceful exercise of their human rights;
- Urging them to protect and ensure the rights to freedom of expression, association and peaceful assembly for all in conformity with Chad’s international human rights obligations.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with "UA 68/16" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.