Azerbaijan: Provide Medical Treatment for Human Rights Defender (UA 55/16)March 10, 2016
The health of imprisoned Azerbaijani human rights defender Taleh Khasmammadov has continued to progressively deteriorate. He is not receiving adequate medical care in the prison’s hospital.
The health of imprisoned Azerbaijani human rights defender Taleh Khasmammadov has continued to progressively deteriorate. He is not receiving adequate medical care in the prison’s hospital. He is currently serving a three-year sentence following his conviction on politically motivated charges.
1) Please write immediately in Azerbaijani, English or your own language:
- Urging the authorities to ensure Taleh Khassmammadov receives all necessary medical treatment and care he may require and that he is transferred to a hospital outside of prison;
- Calling on the authorities to order a prompt retrial of Taleh Khassmammadov in accordance with international fair trial standards and to release Taleh Khassmammadov from prison pending his retrial;
- Urging them to carry out an investigation into the allegations that Taleh Khassmammadov was subjected to beatings and other ill-treatment while in prison and bring those responsible to justice;
- Insisting on full respect for, and protection of the right to freedom of expression in Azerbaijan.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with "UA 55/16" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.