“The culture of impunity the U.S. has fostered in its continued endorsement and sale of arms to regimes that perpetuate severe rights abuses will only lead to the further degradation of regional human right” said Philippe Nassif, advocacy director for the Middle East and North Africa.
Amnesty International USA called on the US to address:
- The Saudi-UAE led coalition’s conduct in Yemen
- The arbitrary arrest and detention of human rights defenders
- Continued crackdowns on freedom of religion, expression, association and assembly
- The ongoing discrimination against women in law and in practice
- The violation of the rights of foreign workers
- Rule of law and the continued use of the death penalty.