Join our fight against the Muslim ban expansion: take action and register your outrage using our resources below.
On January 31, 2020, President Trump took executive action to expand the Muslim ban to include six additional countries: Nigeria, Eritrea, Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan, Sudan and Tanzania.
- traps people in conflict-affected countries and prevents them from seeking safety in the U.S. or being reunited with their family
- demonizes millions of people and creates anxiety and instability for people who want to visit a relative, work, study, return to the country they call home, or just travel without fear
- goes against this country’s cherished values of equality, dignity, and opportunity for all. It has no place in a country that claims to value human rights
- will hurt people in the U.S. and around the world – not because of anything they’ve done, but because of where they come from or what religion they practice
This new order is nothing new: it’s the same hate and fear in a different package. From the original Muslim ban to his brutal immigration practices, President Trump has been writing discrimination into U.S. policy since his first week in office.
It’s time for Congress to rescind all versions of the Muslim ban, and all other dangerous and discriminatory policies that prevent children, families, and individuals from coming to the United States. Call on your Members of Congress to pass the NO BAN Act to protect freedom and fairness and reject fear and prejudice.
It’s more important than ever to get loud and stand against this discriminatory policy.
- Print a poster and organize: Attend an event near you and show your support using our poster materials.
- Share on social media: Make your voice heard on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Online action: Write to your Members of Congress to pass the NO BAN act.
- Call 1-844-307-6473 to tell your Member of Congress to pass the NO Ban act.
- Take action with the No Muslim Ban toolkit and “50 Ways to Take Action” guide .
- Visit the No Muslim Ban Ever website for a list of community responses across the country and follow the Facebook event page for action updates.
- March 9, 2020: Pack the Room! NO BAN act going to vote.
- March 11, 2020: Vote Recommendation on NO BAN act and Access to Counsel Act.
- Press Statement: Efforts to Revive The Muslim Ban Are Atrocious
- January 31, 2020: Executive Proclamation Expanding the Muslim Ban
- Video: Muslim ban explainer.
- Video: “Today is the 3rd anniversary of Trump’s Muslim ban. It has real costs.”
- Report: “‘The Mountain is in Front of Us and the Sea is Behind Us’: The impact of U.S. policies on refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.”
- Report: “‘My family was in shock’: The harm caused by President Trump’s executive orders on travel to the U.S.”