Police Departments that have signed the pledge so far:
- DC Metropolitan Police Department
- San Antonio Police Department
- Fargo Police Department (ND)
- Lexington Police Department (KY)
- Memphis Police Department (TN)
- Atlanta Police Department
Get updates on Amnesty's work to protect human rights in the Americas.
On the day of the banned Istanbul Pride march on 26 June, police used tear gas and plastic bullets against small groups of LGBTI activists and their allies who were in various locations around the Beyoglu district of Istanbul. Twenty-nine activists were detained and were all eventually released on the same day. Istanbul Pride organizers were also prevented from reading a statement about the ban of the march for the second year.
Support human rights in the Americas and worldwide with a donation to Amnesty today.