- Expressing concern to the authorities that Saeed Baloch and his colleagues have not been seen or had contact with their families or a lawyer since 16 January 2016 and insisting that they be released immediately, or charged promptly with an internationally recognizable offence and be brought promptly before a judge;
- Urging the authorities to immediately disclose the location of their detention, facilitate regular access with their family and lawyers, provide access to medical treatment as required and ensure that they are not tortured or otherwise ill-treated;
- Calling for an end of arbitrary detentions and enforced disappearances of human rights activists in Pakistan.
Pakistan: Release Saeed Baloch (UA 26/16)
January 29, 2016
Human rights defender Saeed Baloch was arrested in Karachi on 16 January by members of the Rangers, Pakistan’s paramilitary police force. Following national and international pressure, he was presented in court on 26 January. The Rangers claimed he had only been arrested on 25 January. He has been placed under a preventative detention order for three months under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
1) Please write immediately in English or Urdu:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!