Dr. Mohamed Yasin Abdalla, the chairperson of the Central Committee of Sudanese Doctors (CCSD), was arrested on 22 April in Khartoum by National Intelligence Service (NISS) agents. He is currently being held without charge at the office of the NISS Prosecutor of Crimes against the State in Khartoum. He is at risk of torture and other ill-treatment while in detention.
1) TAKE ACTION
Write a letter, send an email, call, fax or tweet:
- Urging the Sudanese authorities to immediately release Dr. Mohamed Yasin Abdalla or charge him with a recognizable criminal offence, in line with Sudan’s international obligations;
- Urging them to ensure that he is not subjected to torture and other ill-treatment while in detention;
- Calling on them to ensure Dr. Mohamed Yasin Abdalla is granted regular access to his family, medical treatment and a lawyer of his choice;
- Urging them to comply with their obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) particularly the obligations to respect, protect, promote and fulfil the rights to freedom of association and expression.
Contact these two officials by 8 June, 2017:
HE Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir
Office of the President
PO Box 281
Salutation: Your Excellency
Ambassador Maowia Osman Khalid
Embassy of the Republic of Sudan
2210 Massachusetts Ave., Washington DC 20008
Phone: 202 338 8565 I Fax: 1 202 667 2406
Salutation: Dear Ambassador
2) LET US KNOW YOU TOOK ACTION
to let us know if you took action on this case! This is Urgent Action 97.17
Here’s why it is so important to report your actions: we record the actions taken on each case—letters, emails, calls and tweets—and use that information in our advocacy.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS CASE: Read and download the full Urgent Action below