May 12, 2015
Timor-Leste: Stop the Arrest and Torture of Dozens of Individuals (UA 106/15)
Dozens of individuals were arbitrarily arrested and tortured or otherwise ill-treated by Timor-Leste security forces as part of security operations in the Baucau district.
Dozens of individuals were arbitrarily arrested and tortured or otherwise ill-treated by Timor-Leste security forces as part of security operations in the Baucau district. There are ongoing concerns for their safety.
1) Please write immediately in Portuguese, Tetum or your own language:
- Urging the authorities to halt the arbitrary arrests and torture or other ill-treatment by security forces as part of the joint security operations being conducted in Baucau district;
- Urging them to ensure that all those tortured or otherwise ill-treated have access to any medical attention they may require, including psychological treatment;
- Calling on the authorities to urgently initiate an effective and independent investigation into all the allegations of arbitrary detention, torture or other ill-treatment and the destruction of property by security forces, and bring all those responsible to trial, including those with command responsibility.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!