June 19, 2015
Thailand: Drop Charges Against Student Protestors (UA 136/15)
Fourteen students and young activists held in prison after peaceful protests have been released.
Fourteen students and young activists held in prison after peaceful protests have been released. They and two other students, now free on bail, still face trial in a military court.
1) Please write immediately in Thai or your own language:
- Calling on the authorities to drop charges against all 16 students charged for taking part in peaceful protests;
- Urging them to ensure that no-one is harassed, intimidated or penalized for supporting those peacefully exercising their human rights;
- Calling on them to repeal or amend all laws and edicts which arbitrarily restrict the right to peaceful assembly and which allow for the prosecution of civilians in military courts.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT
Fight injustice and help create a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.