May 6, 2015
Singapore: Halt Kho Jabing’s Execution (UA 103/15)
The execution of Kho Jabing has been set for 20 May.
The execution of Kho Jabing has been set for 20 May. The Court of Appeal in Singapore rejected the appeal of Kho Jabing on 5 April and upheld his death sentence.
1) Please write immediately in English or your own language:
- Urging the President to immediately halt Kho Jabing’s execution and reconsider the rejection of his clemency application;
- Noting that, while not seeking to downplay the seriousness of the crime or its consequences, Kho Jabing did not intend to cause death, and there is no evidence that the death penalty deters crime more effectively than imprisonment;
- Calling on the authorities to immediately re-impose an official moratorium on all executions with a view to abolishing the death penalty, and commute all existing death sentences.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!