November 24, 2015
Saudi Arabia: Release Prisoner of Conscience Ashraf Fayadh (UA 265/15)
Palestinian poet and artist Ashraf Fayadh has had his death sentence overturned by a court in Saudi Arabia. He has been resentenced to eight years in prison and 800 lashes.
Palestinian poet and artist Ashraf Fayadh has had his death sentence overturned by a court in Saudi Arabia. He has been resentenced to eight years in prison and 800 lashes. He is a prisoner of conscience.
1) Please write immediately in English, Arabic or your own language:
- Calling on the authorities to release Ashraf Fayadh immediately and unconditionally, as he is a prisoner of conscience, held solely for peacefully exercising his human right to freedom of expression;
- Urging them to ensure that Ashraf Fayadh’s conviction is quashed;
- Urging them to immediately establish an official moratorium on all executions as a first step towards total abolition, and abolish flogging and all other cruel, inhuman and degrading punishments.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "UA 265/15" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.