January 20, 2015
Saudi Arabia: Do Not Flog Raif Badawi (UA 3/13)
Raif Badawi’s full sentence of 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes has been upheld by Saudi Arabia’s Supreme Court.
Raif Badawi’s full sentence of 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes has been upheld by Saudi Arabia’s Supreme Court. He is a prisoner of conscience and at imminent risk of public flogging.
1) Please write immediately in English, Arabic or your own language:
- Calling on the authorities to put a stop to any further flogging of Raif Badawi;
- Calling on them to release him immediately and unconditionally as he is a prisoner of conscience, detained solely for exercising his right to freedom of expression;
- Calling on them to ensure that his conviction and sentence are quashed.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!