April 24, 2015
Qatar: Retry Ronaldo Lopez Ulep With Fair Trial Standards (UA 95/15)
Ronaldo Lopez Ulep’s 15 years’ imprisonment sentence was upheld by the Court of Cassation in Qatar on 2 May.
Ronaldo Lopez Ulep’s 15 years’ imprisonment sentence was upheld by the Court of Cassation in Qatar on 2 May. His allegations of torture have not yet been investigated.
1) Please write immediately in Arabic or your own language:
- Urging the Qatari authorities to order a retrial of Ronaldo Ulep and ensure that no “evidence” obtained by torture or other ill-treatment is admitted in this or any other legal proceedings, except those brought against suspected perpetrators;
- Urging them to order an impartial, independent and effective investigation into Ronaldo Ulep’s allegations of torture and other ill-treatment, and ensure that those responsible are brought to justice in fair proceedings;
- Calling on them to ensure that Ronaldo Ulep is granted regular phone calls to his family, access to his lawyer and consular assistance, as well as facilitating the transfer of his savings to his family in the Philippines.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to email@example.com with "UA 95/15" in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.