June 16, 2015
Iran: Ensure Medical Treatment for Basima Al-Jibouri (UA 135/15)
An Iraqi woman, Basima Al-Jibouri, imprisoned in Iran since 2011, is critically ill: she has been on hunger strike since 8 April.
An Iraqi woman, Basima Al-Jibouri, imprisoned in Iran since 2011, is critically ill: she has been on hunger strike since 8 April. She has served four years of a five-year sentence for “espionage”, apparently imposed for associating with an Iranian diplomat in Iraq.
1) Please write immediately in Persian, English, Spanish or your own language:
- Calling on the Iranian and Iraqi authorities to ensure that Basima Al-Jibouri has access to qualified health professionals acting in compliance with medical ethics, including the principles of confidentiality, autonomy, and informed consent;
- Ensuring that she can have regular contact with her family, including visits;
- Expressing concern that Revolutionary Court hearings in Iran are seriously flawed.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to [email protected] with UA 135/15 in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.