December 11, 2015
Iran: Commute Death Sentence of Sajad Sanjari (UA 286/15)
An Iranian juvenile offender, Sajad Sanjari, was re-sentenced to death on 21 November, after a retrial.
An Iranian juvenile offender, Sajad Sanjari, was re-sentenced to death on 21 November, after a retrial. He had been convicted of murder, for fatally stabbing a man when he was 15 years old.
1) Please write immediately in Persian, English, Spanish, French or your own language:
- Urging the Iranian authorities to ensure that Sajad Sanjari’s death sentence is commuted immediately;
- Expressing concern that granting judges discretion to sentence juvenile offenders to death violates Iran’s obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, which absolutely prohibit the imposition of death sentences for crimes committed by persons below the age of 18.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!