June 23, 2015
Indonesia: Release Seven Activists (UA 139/15)
Seven Papuan political activists have been detained as a result of their peaceful political activities. They have been charged with ‘incitement’ and could face up to six years’ imprisonment.
Seven Papuan political activists have been detained as a result of their peaceful political activities. They have been charged with ‘incitement’ and could face up to six years’ imprisonment. Three of the men have reported being beaten and burnt with cigarettes while in detention.
1) Please write immediately in English, Bahasa or your own language:
- Urging the authorities to immediately and unconditionally release Alex Nekenem, Maikel Asso, Yoram Magai, Nopinus Humawak, Apolos Sroyer, Dorteus Bonsapia and Wamoka Yudas Kossay, as they have been arrested solely for the peaceful exercise of their right to freedom of expression;
- Calling on them to ensure that pending their release, the seven men are not tortured or otherwise ill-treated and have regular access to their families, lawyers of their choice and any medical treatment that they require.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
- EITHER send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UA 139/15” in the subject line, and include in the body of the email the number of letters and/or emails you sent,
- OR fill out this short online form to let us know how you took action.