April 10, 2015
Hungary: Halt Eviction of Roma Families (UA 83/15)
Around 100 families, mainly Roma, remain at risk of forced eviction in the ‘Numbered Streets’ neighborhood of Miskolc, Hungary.
Around 100 families, mainly Roma, remain at risk of forced eviction in the ‘Numbered Streets’ neighborhood of Miskolc, Hungary. The vast majority of previously evicted families have not been provided with adequate alternative housing or compensation.
1) Please write immediately in Hungarian, English or your own language:
- Urging the municipality to halt all evictions until genuine consultation with the affected families in the “Numbered Streets” neighborhood has been conducted to identify all feasible alternatives to evictions and resettlement options, and until adequate alternative housing, compliant with requirements under international human rights law, is provided to all persons affected;
- Urging the city authorities to ensure that any evictions, including those of households living in the “Numbered Streets” neighborhood are carried out only as a last resort after all alternatives have been considered and in full compliance with international human rights law and standards;
- Urging the city authorities to ensure that those forcibly evicted in 2014 and 2015 are provided with effective remedies including adequate alternative housing.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT
Fight injustice and help create a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.