November 5, 2015
Greece: Protect Refugees and Asylum-Seekers (UA 250/15)
As weather worsens, thousands of refugees and asylum-seekers are facing inhumane conditions after arriving on the Greek Aegean islands following dangerous and life threatening journeys.
As weather worsens, thousands of refugees and asylum-seekers are facing inhumane conditions after arriving on the Greek Aegean islands following dangerous and life threatening journeys. They are also at risk of violence by police and members of far-right groups.
1) Please write immediately in Greek, or your own language to:
- Calling on the Greek authorities to urgently and significantly enhance their registration capacity for refugees and asylum-seekers in order to minimize waiting times and alleviate overcrowding on Lesvos and elsewhere;
- Urging local and central authorities to cooperate and establish short-stay shelters with adequate conditions and ensure refugees and asylum-seekers have access to beds, food, clean water, sanitation and medical treatment, especially on islands where there is complete lack of facilities like Kos and elsewhere;
- Urging them to ensure that refugees, asylum-seekers, migrants, aidworkers and activists are protected from violence.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT
Fight injustice and help create a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.