March 23, 2015
Democratic Republic of Congo: Release Yves Makwambala and Fred Bauma (UA 67/15)
Two human rights activists, Yves Makwambala and Fred Bauma remain in detention at Makala prison in Kinshasa.
Two human rights activists, Yves Makwambala and Fred Bauma remain in detention at Makala prison in Kinshasa. The two are facing charges of “treason, attempted coup and an attempt to take the life of a Head of State”.
1) Calling on the Congolese authorities to drop all charges against the two activists and to immediately and unconditionally release them;
- Calling on them to ensure that the activists are not tortured or otherwise ill-treated, and have regular access to their families;
- Urging them to uphold the rights to freedom of expression, association and peaceful assembly in DRC.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!