July 6, 2015
Colombia: Protect Claudia Mabel Palacios (UA 149/15)
An anonymous caller has threatened to kill a woman searching for her son, who was subjected to enforced disappearance in 2014.
An anonymous caller has threatened to kill a woman searching for her son, who was subjected to enforced disappearance in 2014. Her life may be in danger.
1) Please write immediately in Spanish or your own language:
- Expressing concern for the safety of Claudia Mabel Palacios and her family;
- Calling on the authorities to order full and impartial investigations into the 25 June threatening phone call, and take all necessary measures she and her family deem appropriate to guarantee their safety;
- Calling on them to recognize the competence of the Committee on Enforced Disappearances to receive and consider communications on this and other cases from or on behalf of victims or other states parties to the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance;
- Asking them to ensure that the National Commission for the Search for People Subjected to Enforced Disappearance publishes the results of the implementation of urgent search mechanisms requested by the Office of the Procurator General on 22 January 2015.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!