May 19, 2015
China: Release Li Xiaobo (UA 110/15)
There are grave concerns for Falun Gong practitioner Li Xiaobo, who is detained in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, central China as a result of his beliefs.
There are grave concerns for Falun Gong practitioner Li Xiaobo, who is detained in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, central China as a result of his beliefs. His lawyers have reported that his health is deteriorating rapidly and he is also at risk of torture and other ill-treatment.
1) Please write immediately in Chinese or your own language:
- Demanding that the authorities immediately and unconditionally release Li Xiaobo, as he has been imprisoned solely for exercising his right to freedom of belief and expression;
- Urging them to ensure that Li Xiaobo is not tortured or otherwise ill-treated, that he is immediately provided with any medical treatment he requires, and that the conditions of his detention adhere to international law and standards;
- Calling on them to ensure he has regular access to his family, and lawyers.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT
Fight injustice and help create a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.