July 10, 2015
China: Confirm the Whereabouts of Missing Human Rights Lawyers and Activists (UA 157/15)
At least 24 human rights lawyers and activists have been detained or are missing in China in an unprecedented nationwide crackdown.
At least 24 human rights lawyers and activists have been detained or are missing in China in an unprecedented nationwide crackdown. Many more have been questioned by police and at least three law firms have also been searched.
1) Please write immediately in Chinese, English or your own language:
- Demanding the authorities immediately confirm the whereabouts and legal status of all the lawyers currently missing, including Wang Yu, Zhou Shifeng, Li Heping and Sui Muqing;
- Calling on them to ensure that if detained, they all have regular, unrestricted access to their lawyers and family and are protected from torture and other ill-treatment.
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!