Leonard can be contacted at the following address:
LEONARD PELTIER #89637-132
USP COLEMAN I
P.O. BOX 1033
COLEMAN, FL 33521
Note: Please always remember that, even if unsolicited, mail can result in sanctions against Leonard.
- General correspondence is opened and inspected by staff for both contraband and content that “might threaten the security or good order of the institution.”
- All letters must have a return address written or printed (no labels!) on the envelope. Please also put a return address on the letter itself, as prisoners are almost never given the envelopes. All letters must be on white paper with black pen or black font, please write large or use 16+ font.
- Black pen, white paper only NO white-out, stickers, tape, colored ink or glitter.
- Written correspondence and drawings may be in pencil, standard ink pen, typewritten, or computer generated. No felt pens, markers, crayon, or colored pencil, etc.
- Do not send postage stamps or self-addressed stamped envelopes. Leonard must purchase stamps and stationery from the prison commissary.
- Please also do not send gifts of any kind as they will be rejected. Leonard also cannot receive oversized packages (generally anything 9×12 or under is okay) or ones weighing over one pound.
- All personal artwork must be in black and white.
- Most facilities do not allow torn pages from books, magazines or newspapers. You may send photocopies of such items.
- You may arrange for new hard or paperback books to be sent to Leonard. He may receive only several books at a time, and they must be received directly from a retailer or publisher.
If unapproved by the prison, letters are often returned to sender. Sometimes letters don’t reach Leonard, nor are they returned.