Fight for abortion rights in the USA
Take action now!
- Call on US governors to protect abortion access in their states. Make them feel international pressure to prevent passing restrictive bills and further harming their constituents.
- Send a letter to President Biden asking him to take bold actions to protect abortion access. While the president has taken positive steps to protect access to reproductive healthcare, it still isn’t enough. You can find sample text for a letter here.
- Mobilize in the streets. Organizing in the streets and holding protests is one of the best ways to show global solidarity. If you hold a protest, take photos and post them on social media tagging @amnestyusa and using the hashtags #MyBodyMyRights, #BansOffOurBodies, #AbortionIsEssential. Here is a guide on how to organize a protest!
- Sign on to this petition telling Facebook to stop censoring abortion information. Media reports have shown that Facebook and Instagram are removing posts and censoring information on abortion medications- it is vital that this information remains uncensored, and that people are able to speak freely about abortion online.
- Send a postcard from your country to the governor of Virginia. Governor Glenn Youngkin has promised to seek a 15-week abortion ban- we, can’t let this happen. Take action by helping to flood his office with postcards from around the world. Find a postcard with pictures of your country, and use messaging from this document to write to Governor Youngkin. Send your postcard directly to our office, and we’ll deliver them to the governor’s office. Address postcards to:
Amnesty International USA
ATTN: Tarah Demant
600 Pennsylvania Ave, SE, 5th Floor
Washington DC, 20003