NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Amnesty International USA ("Amnesty") Snap Riot Photo Contest (the "Contest") is designed to provide eligible U.S. high school and college students in the Chicagoland Area with the opportunity to show us what inspires them to take action for human rights on their campuses or in their communities. Please read these rules before entering this contest. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
The Contest begins Friday, November 9, 2012 and ends Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time (CST) (the "Term"). No photos after the expiration of the Term will be accepted.
In order to be eligible, you must: (1) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident; (2) be enrolled in high school or undergraduate college at the time you submit your photo; (3) attend school or reside in the Greater Chicagoland Area, which for the purposes of this Contest is limited to Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, McHenry, and Will Counties; and (4) be 13 years old or older.
If you are now or were once previously employed by Amnesty International USA or Amnesty International, you are ineligible to enter into the Contest. Members of Amnesty or other human rights organizations are not considered employees of Amnesty, and may participate in the Contest."
How to Enter:
During the Term, you can submit your photo here by filling out the Snap Riot Photo Contest Submission Form. Amnesty may display certain photos during the Term on the Amnesty Midwest Facebook page. The posting of your photo is not an indication of winning the contest. Posted photos are used for promotional purposes only.
By entering the Contest, you grant Amnesty a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of your photo, in whole or in part, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard Amnesty purposes. Any photo reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. Amnesty will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
1. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON IS PERMITTED
2. The photo must be in digital format;
3. The photo must be your original creation and owned entirely by you;
4. The photo must not have been submitted previously in any contest;
5. The photo must not have been previously published, exhibited, or displayed publicly;
6. The photo must not contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property rights; and
7. The photo must not contain material that is disparaging, inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or discriminatory based on race, nationality, gender, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
By uploading your photo, you agree that your photo conforms to these Photo Guidelines and that Amnesty, in its sole discretion, may remove your photo and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes or has reason to believe that your photo fails to conform to any of the Photo Guidelines.
A panel of judges, determined by Amnesty in its sole discretion, will select three (3) photos as grand prize winners based on the following criteria: (a) the extent to which it inspires or displays inspiration at a campus or community to take action in support of human rights; (b) creativity; (c) artistic quality; and (d) the description of the photo in the Snap Riot Photo Contest Submission Form. Descriptions of the photo in the Snap Riot Photo Contest Submission Form must be limited to 200 words. Amnesty makes no guarantee it will consider any description exceeding 200 words. Any decisions made by Amnesty will be final.
The winners will be notified on or about December 10 by email or phone. To claim the prize, the winner(s) should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification. Please do not contact us about the status of entries.
There will be three (3) grand prize winners. Each grand prize winner will receive:
- One (1) 16 GB Apple new iPad;
- A one-year membership to Amnesty International USA free of charge;
- The option of being featured in a short video advertisement for Amnesty. Additional details of this option will be provided after the prize winners are announced;
- The option of having one or more of their photos (to be selected by Amnesty) on display at a local Chicago art gallery during International Human Rights Week, beginning on or around December 14, 2012. Additional details of this option will be provided after the prize winners are announced;
- The option of receiving a $1000 stipend to start or grow an Amnesty International chapter at the winner's high school or college campus, subject to certain rules and restrictions. Receipt of the stipend will be subject to meeting certain conditions and requirements, and Amnesty reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not this offer will be extended to a particular winner. Additional details of this option will be provided after the prize winners are announced.
If your photo contains any material, elements, themes, or other aspects that are not owned by you, or which are subject to the rights of third parties, or if any persons appear in your photo, you are solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photo, any and all releases necessary to permit the display and use of the photo in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.
Upon Amnesty's request, you must provide a signed release from all persons (or their parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18) who appear in the photo, the owner of any material (such as private property) that appears in the photo, and the copyright owner of any art or other copyrighted material, authorizing Amnesty to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest. All releases must be in a form to be provided by Amnesty. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification of the Contest.
No Association with Facebook:
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or associated with Facebook. The photo and information you submit connection with the Contest is being provided to Amnesty, not to Facebook. By using and interacting with Facebook, you agree that you are subject to its terms, conditions, and policies. We recommend that you review the applicable terms and policies for Facebook.
Not an Offer of Employment
The submission of a photo or the awarding of a prize (e.g., the option of receiving a $1000 stipend to start or grow an Amnesty International chapter at the winner's high school or college campus) shall not be construed as an offer of employment with Amnesty.
Right to Cancel, Modify, or Disqualify:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Amnesty from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from any interaction with us arising from this Contest, including, but not limited to, any photo you submit to us.
Forum and Dispute Resolution:
These Official Rules will be construed and enforced under the laws of the State of New York. You agree that any dispute between us can only be brought in binding individual (non-class) arbitration to be administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS"). If, for any reason, JAMS is not available, you or Amnesty may file our case with any national arbitration company.