Nine Ways to Make a Difference
Whether you have 5 minutes or more time to spare we've got a way for you to make a mark in this world.
Our strength lies in collective action. With over 7 million Amnesty members and supporters, we help individuals around the world whose human rights are being violated.
Here are 9 ways you can make a difference:
- Take action right now! Sign a petition on one of the many human rights issues facing our communities around the world.
- Attend an event. Events are a great way to get to educate yourself and others about human rights and meet other like minded people in your community who want to take action together.
- Become a member. We are a movement of people. Each time a new person joins, Amnesty’s light shines brighter on the injustices occurring at different places around the world. Join today.
- Donate. Your gift helps keep our movement free from corporate influence and independent from government agendas. Donate now!
- Volunteer. Our network of volunteers have the chance to try almost anything—from phone banking, writing letters and organizing a group to responding to a crisis, leading a lobby effort or carrying out our campaigns—we invite you to explore the diverse volunteer opportunities available to you around the country.
- Join a Group. Together, the members of our groups take action, reach out to new communities and educate the public about how they can make human rights a reality for all.
- Follow a Campaign. Are you passionate about a certain issue? Join a network of activists around the country who are using campaigns to teach communities about torture, abolition of the death penalty, ending poverty and more.
- Write for Rights. Join over 17,000 people in one of the largest events on behalf of political prisoners, human rights defenders and others whose rights are being violated by their governments or corporations.
- Partner with us. Through collaborations, partnerships and collective action, we can improve the state of human rights here and abroad. If you represent a university, association or agency, explore the ways you can support Amnesty International.