- Urging the Turkish authorities to immediately ensure ambulances’ access to the building where the injured are currently located and ensure that all necessary emergency and other medical treatment is provided to all the injured;
- Calling on them to ensure that emergency medical treatment is provided at all times to all those who need it in areas under curfew;
- Urging them not to use firearms except in the event of imminent threat of death or serious injury, to cease the use of artillery in Cizre and to ensure prompt, independent and impartial investigations into deaths and injuries that have occurred in curfew areas.
Turkey: Provide Medical Treatment to the 24 Injured People (UA 23/16)
January 26, 2016
An estimated 24 injured people are stranded in a building’s basement in the town of Cizre, Şırnak province, in south-eastern Turkey. Some of them are seriously injured and require emergency medical care. Four people among the injured have reportedly died from their injuries while waiting for emergency medical care. The town of Cizre has been under a 24-hour curfew since 14 December as police and army conduct operations against the armed group Patriotic Revolutionary Youth Movement (YDG-H).
1) Please write immediately in Turkish or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!