- Calling on the Saudi Arabian authorities to ensure all the convictions and sentences imposed on Mikhlif bin Daham al-Shammari are quashed, as they are based solely on his peaceful exercise of his rights to freedom of expression and association;
- Calling on them to conduct a thorough, impartial and independent investigation into his allegations that he was subjected to torture and other ill-treatment in custody;
- Urging them to end the harassment and persecution of those peacefully exercising their rights to freedom of expression, association and assembly, including human rights defenders and activists calling for reforms.
Saudi Arabia: Quash All Convictions Against Mikhlif al-Shammari (UA 169/13)
November 25, 2015
Saudi Arabian human rights defender, Mikhlif al-Shammari, had his sentence of two years in prison and 200 lashes upheld by a court of appeal on 2 November. He is at risk of being imprisoned and flogged at any time. If detained he will be considered a prisoner of conscience.
1) Please write immediately in English, Arabic or your own language:
2) For the full Urgent Action, including appeal addresses and further information, please click on the Word or PDF version below.
3) Please let us know if you took action so that we can track our impact!